Pros & Cons of Heat Pumps
Reasons Why You Might Want a Heat Pump -- And Why You Might NOT Want One
Are you in the market for a new kind of heating system for your Old Chatham home or business? If you are, you might find yourself considering a heat pump. But don't act too quickly. While heat pumps are generally considered a great heating option, they do have their ups and downs -- and you might find the downs to be too down for your needs.
To be sure that a heat pump is the best heating option for you, you need to know the pros and cons that they offer. Not sure what those are? Well, that's not a problem: Just read the quick guide that follows to determine whether a heat pump is the right heating installation for your Old Chatham home!
Heat Pump Pros
- More energy efficient than a gas furnace
- Lower installation cost than other heating options
- Relatively low operating cost
- No risk of carbon monoxide poisoning
Heat Pump Cons
- Milder heating than a furnace can produce
- Ineffective when the weather goes below freezing
- Requires more maintenance because you can use it all year
- Larger and requires much extra space to install
Get Your Heat Pump Work Done by a Professional